One of our key aims is to offer comprehensive support for school groups. Encouraging young people to see these plays, in this space, is at the heart of our planning and we want to make this as accessible and affordable as possible. We advise ages 10+ for the performances but this is at the discretion of the school.
We are also establishing The Rose Bursary Scheme whereby schools can apply for an allocation of free tickets for Shakespeare’s Rose Theatre. (*criteria apply, please contact our office for further details).
Option 1 – School Specific Performances
Ten performances have been scheduled specifically for schools, enabling us to offer better seats at a better price.
- - Morning performances at 11.00am.
- - No limit to the number of students/staff attending.
- - Cost is £10 per ticket anywhere in the theatre, on a first come first served basis.
- - One staff member comes free with every 10 children.
- - Any additional staff pay £10 per ticket.
- - Opportunities for Q & A with some of the creatives, cast and crew after the performance.
- - These performances are booked through our office at Lunchbox Theatrical Productions, with no additional fees.
- - A 10% deposit will be taken upon booking, with final payment made 4 weeks before the performance.
|Monday 8th July||11:00am||Hamlet|
|Tuesday 9th July||11:00am||The Tempest|
|Wednesday 10th July||11:00am||Twelfth Night|
|Thursday 11th July||11:00am||Hamlet|
|Friday 12th July||11:00am||The Tempest|
|Monday 15th July||11:00am||Twelfth Night|
|Wednesday 17th July||11:00am||The Tempest|
|Thursday 18th July||11:00am||Twelfth Night|
|Friday 18th July||11:00am||The Tempest|
Option 2 – Public Performances
School groups are welcome to attend public performances across the season at a reduced price.
- - Either matinees at 2.30pm or evening performances at 7.30pm.
- - Cost is £10.50* for Groundlings (standing) or £20* for best available B and C Reserve seats.
- - Limited to 50 tickets per performance.
- - One staff member free with every 10 children, additional staff pay ticket prices as above.
- - Tickets are booked through Ticketmaster or York Theatre Royal and paid for at the time of reservation.
- - *NOTE costs quoted above exclude the agents’ booking/delivery fees.
Whether you book through Option 1 or Option 2 we will also be offering:
- 1. Bespoke education materials to support your planning pre and post-performance.
- 2. A chance to book in-school workshops, tailored to your curriculum.
- 3. The Rose Bursary Scheme where schools can apply for an allocation of free tickets. (Criteria apply, please contact our office for further details).
- 4. We are in the process of working with neighbouring attractions in York (York Castle Museum, Clifford’s Tower and Jorvik Viking Centre) to explore additional savings that we might be able to offer, enabling you to make the most of your visit to York.
We would be delighted to assist you with your planning and with any queries you may have, so please feel free to call Pollyanna Jenkins at Lunchbox Theatrical Productions, organisers of Shakespeare’s Rose Theatre, on 01653 619169 or email us at email@example.com.