Below you will find job descriptions and information on how to apply for available positions at Shakespeare’s Rose Theatre, Tower Street, York, YO1 9SA.
Front of House Supervisor
Main duties to assist in the daily running of the theatre venue, to deputise for the FOH Manager on their day off. Essential qualities will be to have excellent communication skills, to be able to use initiative in team management. Accurate numeracy skills and exemplary team working skills.
Front of House Theatre Ushers
The position includes checking tickets, showing customers to their seats, addressing customer enquiries and ensuring a safe, enjoyable customer experience. Cleaning and restocking are also included in the general duties of this role. The position will include working weekends, bank holidays and regular evenings. Experience is desirable but not essential as training will be given to the right applicant.
Box Office Assistants
- Job Specification:
- • To act as the front facing welcome to Shakespeare’s Rose Theatre (SRT), offering our visitors information about the Theatre and all our performances with outstanding customer service
- • To have an excellent knowledge of the SRT’s ticketing system (Ticketmaster) and also good understanding of York Theatre Royal’s system (SR04) and be able to sell tickets for performances directly to the customer as required. Detailed training on Ticketmaster will be provided.
- • To deliver front line sales initiatives and promotions as required
- • To ensure CRM information and sales data is recorded accurately and to kept information up to date at all times
- • To have an good understanding of the Ticketmaster, York Theatre Royal and SeeTickets on-line ticketing facility
- • To reconcile sales and produce accurate reports at the end of a shift
- • To run CRM and sales reports and analysis as required
- • To encourage customer feedback and to record and respond appropriatelyand within agreed channels of communication
Candidates for this position need to have some experience in ticketing systems but the essential training will also be provided.
Theatre Bar Staff
To provide a friendly and efficient service within the bar, dispensing orders accurately, with courtesy to the standard required according to legislation. To ensure that the bar area is kept clean and re-stocked at all times.
Successful candidates will be reliable and hardworking team players with a bubbly personality. Candidates for this position need to be over the age of 18 years old.
Hospitality experience is desirable but not essential.
Lively, bright, reliable and hard-working individuals who are focused on visitor satisfaction and who are confident in dealing with customers face to face. The successful candidates must be able to work effectively as part of a team, but also be able to work under their own initiative where required.
Period of Employment:
From 25 June to 2 September 2018.
Full time and part time hours available, with shifts on weekdays/weekends and evenings.
Please state any experience you have in working on an event and/or your level of theatre/bar experience.
Please send a copy of your CV with a covering letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the role you are applying for in the subject line.
Closing date 3 June 2018.